01 December, 2010

World AIDS Day

 I know we all just grieved over Freddie, but HIV and AIDS still affects over a million people just in the US today, and 20% don't even know it. To date, people most at risk are men and trans women of color who have sex with men. Get tested. Know your status. For fuck sake, play safe!

If you're in the Boston, MA area, check out AIDS Action Committee and TransCEND!

Video for Say It's Not True

"I'm almost done.
The fountain's not flowing now, they turn it off in the winter, ice in the pipes. But in the summer it's a sight to see. I want to be around to see it. I plan to be. I hope to be.

This disease will be the end of many of us, but not nearly all, and the dead will be commemorated and will struggle on with the living, and we are not going away. We won't die secret deaths anymore. The world only spins forward. We will be citizens. The time has come.
Bye now.

You are fabulous creatures, each and every one.
And I bless you: More life.
The Great Work Begins."
- Prior from Tony Kushner's play, Angels In America

No comments:

Post a Comment