27 October, 2012

Follow-up in my Ask box

IMLHO, you can't take a word out of the whole song. And you also should consider the circumstances when the song was written. These days, people are so politically correct, they try to find anything to justify the opinion. Don't use this, don't use that. Words are shaped and raped in ways that fit to their pov. In the end, words lose their meanings. I'd say, shove it. - serenadeyoursilence

It’s really easy to dismiss the weight of words that have never applied to your lived experience, isn’t it? One of the MANY joys of any sort of privilege is being able to completely ignore shit that doesn’t personally affect you. What continues to amaze me is the “The N word is completely meaningless and should be given absolutely zero attention and critical thought, BUT OMG WHY CAN’T I SAY IT EVEN THOUGH I WANT TO??11!!!!1” response so many “I’m not racist, but…” white people have when they’re told that that word isn’t theirs to say.

If I’m able to continue to do the work involved in unlearning racist shit and acknowledging my white privilege, you can too. And if you don’t want to put in that kind of effort, then you have absolutely nothing of value to contribute to any discussion about race and should therefore sit down, shut up, and let the grownups talk.

- That Guy That Really Likes Queen And Has Zero Patience For Your Bullshit

Seriously, not singing along to that word will not ruin the integrity of March Of The Black Queen.

No comments:

Post a Comment