12 June, 2011

Jimi Hendrix, he was good

I've been listening to a lot of Jimi Hendrix lately, and it's really fun to think about listening to the hero of my hero. But not in a "OMG FREDDIE AND I ARE LIKE SOULMATES!" sort of way. That's just stupid and creepy.

I'm still reading the book by Mark Blake and I really enjoy reading about when my music heroes were nothing more than enthusiasts gushing over Hendrix. Every time I hear Castles Made Of Sand I can't help but picture Freddie sitting on a floor in front of a record player and annoying his flat mates going, "Listen to this! Just - just listen! Are you hearing this??"

That must have been awesome!

Also, Thomas Crane has talent! I wasn't expecting him to be that good! I mean, wow! In my opinion it's a really high contrast to the Queen medley performed by the judges on the US show The Voice. I love me some judges to various extents when they perform their own shit, but this medley is poorly arranged and sounds like something that would be done on American Idol. And to be very clear: That is not a compliment.

No comments:

Post a Comment