12 January, 2012

Tumblr burnout

I try to follow as many Queen blogs on Tumblr as possible - especially if they follow me first. I'm very flattered and excited that so many people seem to like what I have to say. But right now I feel like I'm the only one really saying anything.

I keep seeing GIFs and pictures and Youtube clips posted and re-posted, and sometimes it's really awesome and I enjoy it (the first time. But seeing it a billion more times in my dashboard gets really old really fast), but the scope of the conversation never goes beyond how "hot" or "perfect" the band members are.

The thing is, I'm not a teenaged fangirl. As an adult, I realize my perspective on, well, everything, is drastically different from where it was when I was 13-19. But fangirls confuse and annoy me as much today as they did when I was a teenager - except this time we have similar tastes in music.

I miss talking about Queen. I miss talking to other people about the music. This was part of the reason I started this blog in the first place. This is why I get REALLY excited when I do get the odd comment. I want to engage in real conversations with you! You can agree with me about everything, or argue, or tell me I'm full of shit - but for fuck sake, let's talk! (thank G-d for my counterpart, because she's awesome in general and so good for that whole discussion thing)

Maybe in a very small way I understand why Roger wrote Fight From The Inside when the tracks he wrote before it seemed to have him missing his teen years. I listened to it earlier and realized as I nodded in agreement that I'm pretty much that old man telling the kids to get off my damn lawn... and I'm only 25! Only my yells would be something along the lines of, "will you just shut up about being born in the wrong decade?!" Not to mention that when I do post something where Queen can be brought up with my political beliefs, I feel like I'm talking down or yelling at everyone when I'm really just trying to offer my opinion.

I think I need to take a break from my "All Things Queen" Tumblr before I snap and leave it altogether. It was hard enough stepping away from Queenzone even though it was clearly the right thing to do. But I don't like having to walk away from parts of this community even if it does frustrate the shit out of me.

No comments:

Post a Comment