20 April, 2012

Things that make That Guy sad

Awesome is getting into a band so good that you kind of hate them for having talent where you don't have it. In my case right now, it's Crooked Fingers.

I'll give you a bit to listen to that. You're welcome.

(side note: I'm always in need of new music, don't hesitate to send me recommendations)

What's not so awesome is an awesome band covering a Queen song and turning it into crap.

I'll give you a bit to listen to that. Depending on your opinion, I'm either happy to have made your life better, or I'm sorry for disappointing you.

It took me a week to figure out my opinion on this. I love the voice and - to a huge extent, the music. But there's something about it that makes me cringe. I think changing the lyrics plays a big role. I mean, why would they do that? And maybe more importantly, why was there no signature bass line?

--

I know this is really late, but WHY, Chris Evans??? WHY did you sell your Freddie-inspired Lotus??? Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck!

For fuck sake! When you need to make room in the garage for a Lotus based on Freddie Mercury's most famous stage outfit, you sell one of your other cars! Good g-d!

--

Queen will be performing on American Idol again - this time with Adam Lambert.

I think it's wonderful that Brian and Roger are trying to appeal to their fans in North America, but American Idol is bullshit, Queen and Adam Lambert have no chemistry, and Steven Tyler is fucking creepy in a should-be-a-registered-sex-offender kind of way (I guess laws of consent have huge loopholes if you're in the rock industry?). And bringing up the rear is my ridiculous hatred for Ryan Seacrest! If it's about the money, I wonder how much is enough to overlook that kind of shit?

--

Right... so now that I'm sufficiently upset, I'm going to watch this video of Delilah being narrated by Peter Freestone to cheer myself up.

No comments:

Post a Comment