13 April, 2013

Random flailing and screaming

My friend Toni is awesome. He's my writing coach, friend, and fellow Queen fan. We bonded during one of my first writing workshops when I moved to Boston. I'd had a bad haircut and was wearing my fitted Queen hat (no longer in my possession. Sigh), and many of our conversations have revolved around Queen and Freddie ever since!

He went to see Queen at their Portland, Maine show on August 27, 1980. At the end of the concert, Freddie tossed some roses. Toni snatched one up and kept it in storage ever since. He recently got it back and decided to give it to me tonight. The color has since faded and it no longer smells like beer. But that's not the point. The point is...

I OWN SOMETHING FREDDIE MERCURY TOUCHED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

According to A Concert Documentary by Greg Brooks (second edition), Queen's setlist was as follows:

Jailhouse Rock / We Will Rock You (fast) / Let Me Entertain You / Play The Game / Medley: Mustapha; Death On Two Legs; Killer Queen; I'm In Love With My Car; Get Down, Make Love; You're My Best Friend / Save Me / Another One Bites The Dust / Now I'm Here / Dragon Attack / Now I'm Here (reprise) / Fat Bottomed Girls / Love Of My Life / Keep Yourself Alive / Brighton Rock / Crazy Little Thing Called Love / Bohemian Rhapsody / Tie Your Mother Down / Encore: Sheer Heart Attack / Second encore: We Will Rock You (slow) / We Are The Champions / God Save The Queen

No comments:

Post a Comment